Striving to live a joyful purposed life one day at a time.
This is the day which the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Memories of March

Yesterday, the ill-tempered winds bellowed aggressively across the Valley shouting, "It's March!" It was the kind of day that made me thankful that I could stay home. I do like being at home. My quick trip to the store could wait another day or two. This morning, all is still again. There is no movement in the trees but snow is whirling around in such an inconstant manner that it can't seem to decide which direction to fall. Looking out my large windows gave me the feeling of living in a snow globe. Again, I'm glad to be home. The boys came in several times while shoveling the deck saying, "It's cold, Mom!" That's March in Alaska.
While going about my daily chores I couldn't help but think about the many memories of March. On March 11th, at the age of 18, I met my husband-to-be at an evening Bible study on campus at the Ohio State University. Little did I know that night would change my life forever. On March 15th, three years later, my sweetheart and I were married. (Thirty years ago this month!) Three years ago, on March 15, Robert's exuberant, high-spirited Italian mother passed away while our family was gathered in her home. Just eleven days earlier, March 4th, She had been baptized into Christ. Her passing became a bitter-sweet experience for all of us. On March 20th, 1981, I felt the movement of my firstborn child in my womb. A memory I'll cherishes forever. And most importantly, on March 30, 1970 (40 years ago this month), I was baptized into Christ. I'm sure, as the month glides by, I'll think of some more March memories. March is truly a month of milestones in my life.



No comments: